To students and parents,
Welcome to the Pepperell High School Marching ‘Dragon’ Band! This page contains information you need to know about the Pepperell Dragon Band as a new or returning member!
- The Official PHS Band website: www.pepperellband.org
- Online Student Accounts, Activity Calendar, Volunteer Slots and more: CHARMS
- Text Notifications: Remind
- Social Media: FaceBook
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Treasurer FAQs
- Make a Payment Using PayPal
- Active Booster parents are invited to our closed group discussion on FaceBook. Ask a Booster Officer how to join!
Instruments & Supplies
Band Fees (“Fair Share”)
Fair Share is the way in which the band budget is fairly distributed among all band members, so that all of the band’s financial obligations can be met. Band fees are needed to provide the band with the best of everything possible, including instruction, equipment, instruments, transportation and uniforms. Each member’s Fair Share is calculated by dividing the overall band budget by the number of expected members in that program. That amount can be paid outright or raised through the fundraising projects that the Band Boosters make available. It’s up to each band member to decide how much of his Fair Share will be paid out-of-pocket and how much will be fund raised.
The band season begins in June and ends in May with each graduating class. The band fees for the current season are:
- PHS Members (grades 9-12): $300 (wind ensemble and percussion)
- PMS Members (grades 6-8): $270 (wind ensemble and percussion)
- $150 is due by July 31 to cover band camp (June $75/July $75)
- A $50 credit may be applied if paid in full by September 30th (August $50/September $50)
- The second student in a family is half price
- Color Guard members may refer to their newsletter for their current fee schedule
- Contact our treasurer to arrange a monthly payment plan
- Make a Payment Using PayPal
Rookie Camp (All NEW Members)*
All NEW members should plan on attending Rookie Camp in July. This camp is for all new members and section leaders. Camp is usually scheduled the week before full band camp for two days. Members will learn marching fundamentals, meet their section leaders, and rehearse the show music & stand music. Please see the CHARMS calendar for exact dates.
*Rookie may be included during the full two week band camp schedule. Please see the CHARMS calendar for exact dates.
What you need for band camp:
- Tennis shoes (no open toes, no high-top sneakers); it is very important to wear quality athletic footwear. The asphalt practice field will take its toll on your feet, so be prepared!
- Shorts/light colored shirts (school appropriate please and avoid jeans & dark shirts)
- A change of clothes (in case it rains)
- A personal water cooler jug (“yes” we provide water but you can never have enough)
- Healthy snacks
- Instrument, music, and pencils
- A fun hard working attitude!
Marching Band Shoes
Everyone must wear ‘marching band shoes’ by DRILLMASTERS – no exceptions. The shoes may be fitted during band camp for those needing new shoes. These cost approximately $35 a pair and are not included in the band fees.
- Black socks (not ankle socks)
- Band Gloves, $3 per pair available to purchase through the band anytime – you may need several pairs throughout the season.
- Flip folder/lyre for stand music (approximately $7)
- Reeds/Valve oil, etc.
Stephens’ Music Company (SMC Rome) is a band accessories retailer in town, and is located at 28 Central Plaza, Rome, Georgia 30161. A Gadsden Music Company rep visits the school weekly for repair/accessory needs. Reeds can be purchased in the band room, stock permitting.
Did you know that band fees only cover approximately 20% of the band’s expenses? The rest comes from boosters!
Although fundraising is optional, without everyone’s fair share and volunteer support, the band program would not run to its full potential. Our Band Boosters program is able to keep the overall fees down through several fundraisers such as The Rome Braves and football home stand concessions. Please take advantage of fundraising and volunteer your time!
Is fundraising mandatory?
No, fundraising is not mandatory. But it is a great way to fully experience band and all of the exciting extras that we do. It will help offset the cost of your fair share fee. If you fund raise enough you will not have to pay anything out of pocket for fair share.
To learn more about the Band Boosters click here.