The Pepperell Band Boosters uses Charms Office, an information management system for band members and their parents. With CHARMS, students and parents can login to the site to view the interactive calendar, update personal contact information, signup for volunteer opportunities, monitor their own fundraising progress, maintain student account balances, and much more.
One of the biggest benefits of CHARMS is that you can track your student’s finances on his/her account. Once you log in, you can see the remaining balance of funds for band fees, check on how much has been raised through fund raisers, and you can pay through PAYPAL or with a debit/credit card!
How to Use Charms Office
- Go to www.charmsoffice.com
- Scroll over to ENTER
- Click on “Parents/Students/Members”
- Enter your school code: PHSBAND
- Once you have reached this point you can access the band’s interactive public calendar by clicking the “Public Calendar” icon and link, volunteer opportunities, and email the directors.
Students or Parents Who Wish to Access Their Personal Information
- You need your unique band student ID (this is your PHS student ID number by default)
- Enter your band student ID in the space provided under “Student Area Password”
- Once you have accessed your personal information you may change your password. Make sure you choose a password that you can remember.
SYNC Charms Public Calendar with Your Mobile Devices
With modern mobile devices and calendars, you can keep all your calendars in sync with a few simple settings. (Note – these steps will only sync the public calendar for now).
Select your device and follow the listed steps:
- Go into the Settings app
- Touch “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
- Under Acounts, touch “Add Account”
- On the Add Account screen, touch “Other”
- Under Calendars, touch “Add Subscribed Calendar”
- For the Server value, enter the URL of the public calendar:
- Touch “Next” in the upper right corner.
- It will verify the server then show a subscription page. Change the description if you like.
- Touch “Save” to save the subscription.
For Android Phones:
To sync with Android devices, you will need to use your Google account and have a Google calendar created.
In your Google calendar on a real computer:
- Under “Other Calendars” click the Add link.
- Select “Add by URL”
- Enter the following URL:
- Click “Add Calendar”
- Google will beging to sync your calendar, and it will appear on the screen.
- Click “Settings”
- Change the long name of the new calendar to something you will remember such as “Charms Calendar”
- Your phone should automatically be set to sync with your Google calendar.
- On your phone: Click on “Calendar”, then bring up the settings for the calendar. Click on Calendar Sync. You should see your google account listed already. Make sure Auto-Sync is checked.